Gastronomy initiatives around the world are multiplying in many shapes and forms, featuring change-makers that are often overlooked in the food system, such as women and the informal food sector.
This brief by the Nordic Food Policy Lab of the Nordic Council of Ministers and Hivos, analyzes five inspiring sustainable gastronomy initiatives, originating on four different continents and operating at different levels:
- New Generation of Indonesian Cooking
- Slow Food Vhembe Food Community
- Costa Rican Gastronomy Foundation
- Gastronomy Integration Movement (MIGA)
- New Nordic Food Programme